Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This book will help me become a better birder.

I just started reading Identify Yourself, by Bill Thompson III, and I am totally loving it. I’m such a lightweight when it comes to identifying difficult birds, so when I saw this book, I was really excited. It has lots of tips, tons of descriptions, and wonderful illustrations from Julie Zickefoose. This book will definitely help me become a better birder, and I’m not the only one. Dig what Jimmy Carter has to say about it,
“As avid birders, Rosalynn and I know how difficult it is to identify birds. Bill, Julie, and the folks from Bird Watcher’s Digest have helped solve this problem with Identify Yourself.”
Can you believe that? If a former President of the United States has problems identifying birds too, why should I feel intimidated. Here is a link to his story on Bird Watcher’s Digest.

No comments: